TheMakerBot Slate Gray Tough PLA Filament Bundle
Create Durable, High-Impact Strength Prototypes and Fixtures
MakerBot Tough PLA Filament is as tough as ABS and as reliable as PLA. Made with designers and engineers in mind, the Slate Gray Tough PLA Filament Bundle allows you to create durable, high-impact strength prototypes and fixtures. It includes three spools of Tough PLA Filament and the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+. MakerBot Tough PLA Filament is rigorously tested and optimized to work with the MakerBot Tough PLA Smart Extruder+.
Whereas printing with ABS can easily result in warping, Tough PLA Filament is engineered and tested for consistent results. It features a tensile, impact, and flexural strength that’s similar to ABS. Plus, it’s more durable than PLA —meaning that it can flex more than PLA before it breaks. You can print jigs and fixtures with threaded and snap fits that can withstand repeated use. Print without the hassles of ABS or the brittleness of PLA.
Create durable, high-impact strength prototypes and fixtures that are as tough as ABS and as reliable as PLA
- As tough as ABS and prints as reliably as PLA
- Greater durability than PLA —which means it can flex more than PLA before it breaks
- Suitable for printing jigs and fixtures with threaded and snap fits that can withstand repeated use
- Warps less than ABS, which makes for more reliable print results
- Similar tensile, impact, and flexural strength to ABS
Tested and optimized to print reliably and easily with the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+
- MakerBot Print optimizes slicing for this bundle and your MakerBot 3D Printer
- The drive system within the Tough Smart Extruder+ and MakerBot’s firmware are specifically tuned and optimized for consistent print quality and reliability with this bundle.
- Optimized for MakerBot Replicator+, MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (5th Gen), and MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer
- This swappable extruder allows you to print with Tough PLA Filament and easily switch to the Smart Extruder+ for printing with MakerBot PLA Filament